David Flash built Brazos VIP, a local daily deal website for Bryan-College Station, with a core mission of “social profit.” The deal site has, as of today has contributed over $20,000 to Brazos Valley charities since their launch in April 2011.
- $10,850 to Brazos Valley Food Bank
- $1,540 to Boys & Girls Club of the Brazos Valley
- $1,500 to Bryan-College Station Chamber of Commerce
- $1,290 to CARPOOL
- $1,250 to Still Creek Ranch
- $1,080 to Twin City Mission
- $1,080 to Habitat for Humanity
- $930 to A Night Out in BCS (CS Shooting Victims / West, TX Explosion)
- $825 to Scotty’s House
- $590 to American Red Cross for Bastrop Fires
- $535 to Aggieland Humane Society
- $425 to St. Michael’s School
- $400 to Save the Queen – Downtown Bryan Association
- $330 to American Red Cross for Wheeler Ridge Tornado
- $312 to Central Texas Orphan Mission Alliance
- $250 to TAMU Parents Weekend
- $215 to American Red Cross for Japan Earthquakes
- $85 to Brazos Valley Crime Stoppers
- $60 to MHMR Authority of the Brazos Valley
- $50 to Project Sunshine
Contributions have been made to the nonprofits primarily through the popular “give/get” promotions on the deal sites where a site user’s contribution is matched or even doubled with site credit that they can spend on deals for local businesses.
Some contributions were also in the form of sponsorships and promotions where a percentage of sales for a specific deal or period of time was contributed to organizations like CARPOOL or Twin City Mission’s Phoebe’s Home.
The impetus for the contributions is one the core values that Brazos VIP Media was built on: Social Profit. As articulated by Dr. Leonard Berry of Texas A&M University social profit means “Good works are not just a result of economic profit, but a producer of it.”
Brazos VIP founder David Flash says, “Giving back to our community and helping publicize great local causes has not only paid dividends in the warm and fuzzies we feel working for Brazos VIP, it has paid off in sales. The best marketing time and dollars we have invested for our online deal sites have been our charity partnerships and our ‘give/get’ deals.”
Flash concludes, “We are thankful to the many great organizations that serve our community and for our site’s customers and merchants who make it possible for Brazos VIP Media to contribute to their good works in a meaningful way.”
Reblogged this on Brazos Business.